Regular exercise is one of the easiest ways to protect your body from joint and muscle pain, especially during pregnancy, but the benefits don’t end there.
While you may have to switch up your usual workout routine due to the extra weight, the benefits of exercising during this time are long-lasting for both you and your baby. Take a look below at my thirteen reasons to exercise during pregnancy.
1. YOU MAY POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR CHILD’S BRAIN DEVELOPMENT.
2. YOUR CHILD MAY HAVE A HEALTHIER HEART.
3. YOU’RE LIKELY TO GAIN LESS WEIGHT.
4. YOU MAY HAVE AN EASIER TIME WITH LABOR AND DELIVERY.
5. YOU CAN DECREASE YOUR RISK OF GESTATIONAL DIABETES.
6. YOU’RE LESS LIKELY TO HAVE BACK PAIN.
7. YOU’RE LESS LIKELY TO BECOME CONSTIPATED.
8. YOU CAN CAPITALIZE ON INCREASED FLEXIBILITY.
9. YOU CAN LEARN TO RELAX.
10. IT WILL PREVENT VENOUS VARICOSITIES AND LEG SWELLING.
11. IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR SLEEP.
12. IT WILL BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM.
13. YOU MAY HAVE AN EASIER TIME RETURNING TO YOUR BASELINE LEVELS OF FITNESS POST-PARTUM.
For more information about exercising during pregnancy, including best practices and how to avoid joint and muscle pain, request an appointment today with our Women’s Health specialist, Dr. Diana Barayeva.