Our Top Back Doctors:
New York Bone & Joint Specialists is top-ranked for orthopedic surgery in New York and the nation.
Our team of expert spine doctors includes both surgical and non-surgical experts of the back and neck. The team includes Fabien D. Bitan, MD, the chief of spine surgery at Northwell-Lenox Hill Hospital. Dr. Bitan is internationally recognized as one of the very best spine surgeons in the world. The team also includes Michael Y. Mizhiritsky, MD, co-founder of New York Bone & Joint Specialists and a leader in non-surgical spine management.
The founders have implemented the philosophy of preservation into all our centers. “Preservation is the key to longevity.” That has developed into a team of expert spine doctors that prioritize saving and healing your own important structures that your spine requires for a long and healthy lifetime. As a result, more than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgery.
Each member of our care team — including our physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, and support staff — displays the same level of dedication to the well-being of our patients. New York Bone & Joint Specialists provides impeccable care and peace of mind to every single person we treat, to ensure that your joints live a long and happy functional life.
Why Choose NY Bone & Joint Spine Specialists?
- We focus on saving and healing your own important structures that your joints require for a long and healthy lifetime.
- More than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgical intervention.
- Access to world-class joint specialists
- Compassionate and comprehensive care for a range of conditions, from diagnosis to recovery
- Conservative treatment coupled with expert surgical interventions ensure a complete recovery for every patient
All Back Conditions and Treatments
For more information on your specific injury, consult the pages below. You will find comprehensive information on common symptoms, how the condition is diagnosed, our recommended course of treatment, and expected recovery timelines for each condition.
- Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Back Pain & Strain
- Back Pain in Pregnancy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- EMG and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Herniated Disc
- Interventional Pain Management
- Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar Radiculopathy (Sciatica)
- Muscle Spasm
- Numbness, Tingling, or Weakness
- Pain Management for Acute & Chronic Pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain & Dysfunction
- Sprains & Strains
- Trigger Point Injections
- Vertebral Compression Fractures