Our Top Ankle Doctors:
New York Bone & Joint Specialists is top-ranked for orthopedic surgery and sports medicine in New York and the nation.
Our founders have implemented the philosophy of preservation into all our centers. “Preservation is the key to longevity.” That has developed into a team of expert orthopedic doctors that prioritize saving and healing your own important structures that your shoulder requires for a long and healthy lifetime. As a result, more than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgery.
Each member of our care team — including our physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, and support staff — displays the same level of dedication to the well-being of our patients. New York Bone & Joint Specialists provides impeccable care and peace of mind to every single person we treat, to ensure that your joints live a long and happy functional life.
Why Choose NY Bone & Joint Ankle Specialists?
- We focus on saving and healing your own important structures that your joints require for a long and healthy lifetime.
- More than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgical intervention.
- Access to world-class joint specialists
- Compassionate care for a range of conditions
- Comprehensive treatment, from diagnosis to recovery
- Surgical interventions coupled with conservative treatment ensure a complete recovery for every patient
Ankle Conditions We Specialize InAnkle Sprains and Strains - A sprain affects the ligaments that connect bones, while a strain affects the tendons that connect muscle to bone. Both generally respond well to conservative treatments, including rest, icing, compression, and physical therapy.
Ankle Fractures - An ankle fracture is a break in any of the bones in the ankle. It can usually be treated with conservative measures such as casting and physical therapy, but in more severe cases, a surgical procedure may be necessary.
Ankle Arthritis - Arthritis can affect a number of joints in the foot, leaving them swollen and painful. A proactive treatment plan can effectively eliminate the symptoms and help patients stay on their feet.
Most Common Ankle Conditions & TreatmentsFor more information on your specific injury, consult the pages below. You will find comprehensive information on common symptoms, how the condition is diagnosed, our recommended course of treatment, and expected recovery timelines.
Ankle Sprains and Strains - Conditions & Treatments
Ankle Fractures - Conditions & Treatments
Ankle Arthritis - Conditions & Treatments
We Are Experts in Ankle Conditions and Treatments
Orthopedists at New York Bone and Joint are highly skilled in treating numerous ankle conditions, including:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle Arthroscopy – Arthroscopic Surgery
- Ankle Conditions and Treatments
- Fractures & Fracture Care
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD)
- Sprained Ankle: Symptoms, Treatment, & Recovery Time
- Sprains & Strains