Our Top Shoulder Doctors:
New York Bone & Joint Specialists is top-ranked for orthopedic surgery and sports medicine in New York and the nation. Our team of expert shoulder doctors is led by Leon E. Popovitz, MD, co-founder of New York Bone & Joint Specialists. Dr. Popovitz is an internationally renowned expert in the shoulder, arthroscopic shoulder surgery, and sports medicine. Among his many honors, he has been listed as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in NYC by New York Magazine and the New York Times’ Super Doctors list.
Dr. Popovitz has implemented his philosophy of preservation into all our centers. “Preservation is the key to longevity." That has developed into a team of expert shoulder doctors that prioritize saving and healing your own important structures that your shoulder requires for a long and healthy lifetime. As a result, more than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgery.
Each member of our care team — including our physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, and support staff — displays the same level of dedication to the wellbeing of our patients. New York Bone & Joint Specialists provides impeccable care and peace of mind to every single person we treat, to ensure that your joints live a long and happy functional life.
Why Choose NY Bone & Joint Shoulder Specialists?
- We focus on saving and healing your own important structures that your joints require for a long and healthy lifetime.
- More than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgical intervention.
- Access to world-class joint specialists
- Compassionate care for a range of conditions
- Comprehensive treatment, from diagnosis to recovery
- Surgical interventions coupled with conservative treatment ensure a complete recovery for every patient
- AC Joint Separation
- Acute and Chronic Pain Management
- Arthroscopic Bankart Repair/ Stabilization
- Biceps Tendon Repair
- Biceps Tendon Rupture/ Tear
- Bone Spurs in the Shoulder
- Dead Arm
- Dislocated Shoulder: Treatment & Surgery
- Fractures & Fracture Care
- Frozen Shoulder
- Humerus Fracture (Broken Upper Arm)
- Loose Bodies in the Shoulder
- Muscle Spasm
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Shoulder Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Shoulder Arthroscopy – Arthroscopic Surgery
- Shoulder Clicking or Snapping
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Dislocation First Time Or Recurrent (Bankart)
- Shoulder Fracture
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome: Symptoms & Tests
- Shoulder Instability & Weakness
- Shoulder Replacement: Types, Surgery, & Recovery
- Shoulder Tendonitis: Symptoms, Treatments, and Recovery
- Shoulder Trauma
- SLAP Tear (Shoulder Labrum Tear)
- SLAP Tear: Shoulder Labrum Tear Symptoms & Tests
- Sprains & Strains
- Trigger Point Injections
- Weightlifter’s Shoulder
We Are Experts in All Shoulder Conditions and Treatments
Orthopedists at New York Bone and Joint are highly skilled in treating numerous shoulder conditions, including (but not limited to):