Our Top Knee Doctors:
New York Bone & Joint Specialists is top-ranked for orthopedic surgery and sports medicine in New York and the nation. Our team of experienced knee specialists is led by Leon E. Popovitz, MD, co-founder of New York Bone & Joint Specialists. Dr. Popovitz is an internationally renowned expert in the knee, arthroscopic surgery, and sports medicine. Among his many honors, he has been listed as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in NYC by New York Magazine, and is on the New York Times’ “Superdoctors” list.
Dr. Popovitz has implemented his philosophy of preservation into all our centers. “Preservation is the key to longevity.” That has developed into a team of expert knee doctors that prioritize saving and healing your own important structures that your knee requires for a long and healthy lifetime. As a result, more than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgery
Each member of our care team — including our physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, and support staff — displays the same level of dedication to the wellbeing of our patients. New York Bone & Joint Specialists provides impeccable care and peace of mind to every single person we treat, to ensure that your joints live a long and happy functional life.
Why Choose NY Bone & Joint Knee Specialists?
- We focus on saving and healing your own important structures that your joints require for a long and healthy lifetime.
- More than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgery.
- Access to world-class joint specialists
- Compassionate and comprehensive care for a range of conditions, from diagnosis to recovery
- Conservative treatment coupled with expert surgical interventions ensure a complete recovery for every patient
- ACL Reconstruction
- ACL Tear
- ACL Tear: Surgery & Recovery
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- Chondromalacia Patella (Patellofemoral Syndrome)
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Knee Arthritis/Osteoarthritis
- Knee Arthroscopy – Arthroscopic Surgery
- Knee Cartilage Injury – Repair and Transplantation
- Knee Fracture
- Knee Ligament Injuries
- Loose Body in the Knee: Symptoms, Treatment, & Recovery
- MCL Tear: Symptoms, Treatment, and Recovery
- Meniscal Injuries
- Meniscal Tears
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Patellar Dislocation
- Patellar Tendinitis (Jumper’s Knee)
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Total Knee Replacement
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement
We are Experts in All Knee Conditions & Treatments
Orthopedists at New York Bone and Joint are highly skilled in treating numerous knee conditions, including (but not limited to):