Our Top Hip Doctors:
New York Bone & Joint Specialists is top-ranked for orthopedic surgery and sports medicine in New York and the nation. Our founders have implemented the philosophy of preservation into all our centers. “Preservation is the key to longevity.” That has developed into a team of expert orthopedic doctors that prioritize saving and healing your own important structures that your shoulder requires for a long and healthy lifetime. As a result, more than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgery.
Each member of our care team — including our physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, and support staff — displays the same level of dedication to the well-being of our patients. New York Bone & Joint Specialists provides impeccable care and peace of mind to every single person we treat, to ensure that your joints live a long and happy functional life.
Why Choose NY Bone & Joint Hip Specialists?
- We focus on saving and healing your own important structures that your joints require for a long and healthy lifetime.
- More than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgical intervention.
- Access to world-class joint specialists
- Compassionate care for a range of conditions
- Comprehensive treatment, from diagnosis to recovery
- Surgical interventions coupled with conservative treatment ensure a complete recovery for every patient
Hip Conditions We Specialize InHip Arthroscopy - Hip arthroscopy is a minimally invasive procedure performed to diagnose and repair a number of injuries affecting the hip. This surgery results in shorter recovery timelines and reduces the risk of complications associated with open surgery.
Hip Labral Tears - A hip labral tear is a rupture of the acetabular labrum, which is the cartilage surrounding the socket of the hip joint. This condition can result in a sense of stiffness, weakness, or instability in the affected hip, greatly limiting the patient’s range of motion. Minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery is often used to treat a hip labral tear.
Hip Impingement - Hip impingement refers to an abnormal degree of friction between the bones in the hip joint, which can irritate the surrounding cartilage or bursae, causing significant pain. In severe cases, hip impingement may need to be repaired with arthroscopic surgery.
Hip Bursitis - Hip bursitis is an inflammation of a bursa — a sac of fluid between the bones and soft tissues — in the hip. Frequently caused by hip impingement, it can deprive the hip of a complete range of motion, preventing it from functioning properly.
Gluteus Medius Tears - The gluteus medius is a muscle that runs along the side of the hip. A tear in this area often causes inflammation and sharp pain on the side of the hip whenever patients attempt to put weight on the affected leg.
We Are Experts in All Hip Conditions and Treatments
Orthopedists at New York Bone and Joint are highly skilled in treating numerous hip conditions, including (but not limited to):
- Arthroscopic Hip Surgery/Hip Arthroscopy in NYC
- Dislocated Hip
- Femoracetabular Impingement
- Gluteus Medius Tears (Gluteus Medius Tendonitis): Symptoms & Treatment
- Hip Anatomy: Conditions & Treatments
- Hip Arthritis (Osteoarthritis)
- Hip Arthroscopy: Surgery & Recovery
- Hip Bursitis
- Hip Fracture Treatment
- Hip Impingement: Surgery & Recovery
- Hip Labral Tear: Surgery & Recovery
- Hip Labral Tear: Symptoms & Conditions
- Hip Resurfacing Procedure
- Muscle Spasm
- Osteochondritis Dessicans (OCD)
- Revision Hip Replacement Surgery
- Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery