Orthopedic Sports Medicine is a unique field of medicine dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of patients with injuries and conditions sustained while they are being active. Everyone is active and moving. So, not only athletes could benefit from a sports medicine doctor.
Our Orthopedic Sports Medicine centers provide comprehensive treatment for injuries to all the joints of the body.
Leon E. Popovitz, MD, a top orthopedic sports medicine specialist in NYC, founded our comprehensive sports medicine center at New York Bone & Joint Specialists with the philosophy that preservation is the key to the longevity of our joints. That has, since, developed into full-service centers with expert orthopedic doctors who prioritize saving and healing your own important structures As a result,we treat over 90% of our patients without surgery.
New York Bone & Joint Specialists understand that when you suffer from an injury or painful joint condition then you want the right doctor right away. We are the experts, and we can see you quickly and efficiently.
All of our top-rated physicians treat patients for sports medicine injuries. Visit our doctors & staff page to learn more about their backgrounds and specialties.
We help athletes at every level of competition. Our specialists provide all aspects of sports injury treatment, from physical therapy to surgical intervention. Our goal is to improve athletic performance, minimize the risk of future injuries, and help our patients get back to peak condition.
You don’t have to be a professional athlete to seek help from a sports medicine specialist. Proud to be recognized as a leader in sports medicine in NYC and the tri-state area, our physicians and physical therapists treat everyone from elite performers to rec league enthusiasts, ensuring that all athletes can play at their best.
Each member of our care team — including our physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, and support staff — displays the same level of dedication to the well-being of their patients. The ultimate goal of New York Bone & Joint Specialists is to provide impeccable care and peace of mind to every single person we treat, and to ensure that he or she enjoys an active, fulfilling lifestyle.
Why Choose New York Bone & Joint Sports Medicine Specialists?
- We focus on saving and healing your own important structures that your joints require for a long and healthy lifetime
- More than 90% of our orthopedics cases are solved without surgical intervention.
- Access to world-class joint specialists.
- Compassionate and comprehensive care for a range of conditions, from diagnosis to recovery.
- Conservative treatment coupled with expert surgical interventions ensure a complete recovery for every patient.
- Running injuries - Runners are often prone to overuse injuries such as iliotibial band syndrome, knee bursitis, achilles tendonitis, and stress fractures.
- Weightlifting injuries - Weightlifters may be at risk for shoulder and back injuries such as disc herniation, weightlifter’s shoulder, and SLAP tears.
- Skiing injuries - Skiers tend to suffer from ACL and MCL tears, spinal injuries, and fractures in the wrists and ankles.
- Basketball injuries - In basketball, the knees suffer a lot of wear and tear, putting players at risk for sprains and strains, ACL tears, and patellar tendonitis (jumper’s knee).
- Soccer injuries - Soccer players are generally prone to leg, ankle, and foot injuries like plantar fasciitis, ACL tears, and shinbone fractures.
We Are Experts in All Sports Injuries & TreatmentsOrthopedists at New York Bone and Joint are highly skilled in treating numerous sports conditions, including (but not limited to):
- ACL Tear: Symptoms & Conditions | Surgery & Recovery
- Fracture: Symptoms & Conditions
- Weightlifter’s Shoulder: Symptoms & Treatment
- Rotator Cuff Tear: Symptoms & Treatment
- Meniscal Tears: Symptoms & Conditions
- Sprains & Strains: Symptoms & Conditions
- Achilles Tendonitis: Symptoms & Conditions
- Dislocated Shoulder: Symptoms & Conditions
- Hip Labral Tear: Symptoms & Conditions
- SLAP Tear: Symptoms & Tests | Surgery & Recovery
- Lower Back Pain: Symptoms & Conditions
- Patellar Tendonitis: Symptoms & Conditions
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome: Symptoms & Conditions